[elastix] Elastix Ubuntu New User

Robinson, Jamie j.robinson.10 at aberdeen.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 19:55:02 CEST 2011

I am working on developing some software that compares two nuclear medicine whole body bone scans both intra and intersubject. Previously, I have used a registration package bUnwarpJ  in ImageJ for this purpose. However, I was not satisfied with the results (it uses a simple sum of squared intensity differences as a metric) and would now like to try something a bit more sophisticated and stumbled across elastix.

I followed the user manual on how to install the package and downloaded the default parameter configuration files. However, upon running the command

elastix -f FS1.dcm -m FS2.dcm -p ParameterFiles/Parameters_Affine.txt -p ParameterFiles/Parameters_BSpline.txt -out .

I am met with a whole bunch of warnings before the software fails. I have attached the log file but have no idea why the software fails. Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks,
Jamie