[elastix] combination of MI and edge information from Dr Pluim

M.Staring at lumc.nl M.Staring at lumc.nl
Tue Jan 10 13:57:05 CET 2012

Dear Severino,

Multi-dimensional alpha-MI was indeed implemented in elastix using k-nearest neighbour graphs. Some useful links:

Paper: http://elastix.isi.uu.nl/marius/publications/2009_j_TMI_b.html
Wiki: http://elastix.bigr.nl/wiki/index.php/Par0005
Feature creation: https://github.com/ITKTools/ITKTools

Especially in the wiki you can find exactly how to call elastix in order to use this metric.

Good luck and let us know if you have further questions,

Marius