[Elastix] Problem with CUDA re-sampler

Ruwan Tennakoon RTENNAKOON at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon Jul 16 07:25:33 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to generale the transformed moving image after every iteration in a multi-resolution (two levels) registration process using the CUDA re-sampler. in order to do this I've modified the elxResamplerBase.hxx and added the function in code.txt file to it. in it I set the input image to a copy of the fixed image down converted to the correct resolution of the registration level.

but when the program is running it get stuck as soon as the resolution is changed to level 2 from level 1 (illustrate in the log file attached).

according to the analysis it gets stuck inside the function
::cudaCastToHost( const size_t sizevalue, const TInternalImageType* src, TInternalImageType* tmp_src, TImageType* dst )

in cudaResampleImageFilter.cu. it seams like the output image is not defined with enough memory (its defined with the size m_MaxNumberOfVoxelsPerIteration which is still set to the no of voxels in the previous level input image). I also tried changing the output image definitions in ::cudaMallocImageData() function to

this->m_OutputImage = cuda::cudaMalloc<TInternalImageType>(static_cast<unsigned int>( nrOfOutputVoxels ) ); and also tryied to force the m_MaxNumberOfVoxelsPerIteration  = static_cast<unsigned int>( nrOfOutputVoxels ) ;

but the problem was not resolved. I would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this issue. thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Ruwan Tennakoon
PhD candidate
Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
Swinburne University of Technology
(CRICOS Provider 00111D)
John Street Hawthorn VIC 3122
Australia