[Elastix] Error during 4D+t registration

Rahul Khare rahul.vedic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 22:54:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to replicate results from the paper " Nonrigid
registration of dynamic medical imaging data using nD+t B-splines and a
groupwise optimization approach<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.media.2010.10.003>"
using 4D CT data that I have. The data is about 1GB in size. When I use the
parameter file given at the link (
http://elastix.bigr.nl/wiki/index.php/Par0012), I get an error as shown
below (from the log file):

itk::ExceptionObject (0000000000A0F278)
Location: "ElastixTemplate - Run()"
File:
c:\users\wyke\documents\elastix4.6\src\common\imagesamplers\itkImageRandomSamplerSparseMask.txx
Line: 85
This ImageSampler internally uses the ImageFullSampler. Updating of this
internal sampler raised the exception:
itk::ERROR: ImageFullSampler(0000000002CD0F50): std: bad allocation
ERROR: failed to allocate memory for the sample container.
You are using the ImageRandomSamplerSparseMask sampler, but you did not set
a mask. The internal ImageFullSampler therefore requires a lot of memory.
Consider using the ImageRandomSampler instead.

Error occurred during actual registration.

Errors occurred!

Does this error mean I am running out of memory? What can I do to avoid
this error?

Thank you.
Rahul.