[Elastix] TransformRigidityPenalty

S. Klein s.klein at erasmusmc.nl
Sun Apr 14 17:53:15 CEST 2013

Hi Lei,
Indeed, the rule is: either one pair of images (which is used for all
metrics) or the same number of images as the number of metrics).

as a workaround you could supply the first or second (fixed and moving)
image also as the third image. This is not really efficient (since those
third images will consume memory) but it will work at least. I believe
the TransformRigidityPenalty will actually use that third image then to
determine the relevant field of view.

Best,
Stefan

On 04/04/2013 21:31, Lei Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My problem is that when multi Metric,like MutualInformation and
> TransformRigidityPenalty are used for one pair of fixed and moving
> image, only the metric itself need to be changed.
> However, when I have two pairs of fixed and moving image and try to
> register them as multi band, the metric combination I want to try is
> MutualInformation + MutualInformation + TransformRigidityPenalty. Then
> I need to match the number of Interpolator, Sampler, Pyramid with the
> number of the metric. In this case, the number of the input images is
> two pairs but the number of metric is three, so if I only use two
> Interpolator, Sampler and Pyramid, Elastix will complain that the
> number is not matching the metric, but if I use three, then I do not
> have enough input images. How can I fix this problem?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Lei

Stefan Klein