[Elastix] Error “FixedImageRegion does not overlap the fixed image buffered region” at start 2D to 3D registration

Dominik Spinczyk Dominik.Spinczyk at polsl.pl
Wed May 7 20:55:30 CEST 2014

I am a new Elastix user. I try register 2D slice of 3D Ct volume to 3D CT volume. 3D volume is moving image and 2D image is a fixed image. I use Pattern Intensity metric. Generally it works, but for some file I obtain the error:FixedImageRegion does not overlap the fixed image buffered region” at start 2D to 3D registration:
/itk/Modules/Registration/Common/include/itkImageToImageMetric.hxx
Line: 362

Could anybody suggest what could be the reason of this error ?

Dominik