[Elastix] Error “FixedImageRegion does not overlap the fixed image buffered region” at start 2D to 3D registration

S. Klein s.klein at erasmusmc.nl
Thu May 8 12:26:48 CEST 2014

Dear Dominik,
The pattern-intensity metric works only for 2D-3D registration, where the 2D image is a projection of the 3D object. In your case, the 2D volume is just a slice of a 3D CT volume, so then you can better use the AdvancedMeanSquares metric. Note that for such slice-to-volume registration, a good initialization is probably important.
Best,
Stefan