[Elastix] FW: Trouble with large BSpline registrations

Robin.Pearce at csiro.au Robin.Pearce at csiro.au
Tue Apr 7 02:02:05 CEST 2015

Hello elastix team,

I would like to start by saying thank you for an excellent software package which has made my life so much easier. Unfortunately I'll be moving to a different field shortly and probably won't be working with images anymore, but I've very much enjoyed using elastix.

I just wanted to let you know of a problem that I've had while using the BSpline registration. I've probably been pushing the limits on what this software can handle, as I've been using 3D images about 5GB in size, but I've noticed that the software crashes whenever the parameter "NumberOfJacobianMeasurements" is larger than 2^31. This seems to me like an indexing problem, something I've encountered in other large computational problems before. First of all, is there a quick fix to this? And by quick, I mean in the next two weeks, because after that I won't have enough time to use it for what I want. Otherwise, I'm just leaving this here as a comment for potential further development.

Thanks again for the excellent software,

Robin.