[Elastix] The determinant of the spatial Jacobian

litiantian litiantian2014 at 163.com
Sun Apr 26 18:56:52 CEST 2015

Dear all,

i have a question when i do the registration.....

when I use the command:

transformix -jac all -out outputDirectory -tp TransformParameters.txt

to calculate the determinant of the spatial Jacobian matrix, but i found that it contains minus values in the matrix.

through the elastix manual, i learned that the value of the determinant of the spatial Jacobian matrix identified the amount of local compression or expansion. If it was >1, the pixel was compressed,vise versa. but how does the minus value mean?

in my application, i want to do the registration of the organ position and shape,but keep the value of the corresponding pixel unchanged....(i don't know if this description is clearly to you... )
 And if there is any possible method to do the registration and keep the 3D distribution information at the same time?

I would be appreciate if i can get any help from you!
Thank you very much!!

Tiantian