[Elastix] Writing out a downsampled DVF with transformix

Matthew J. Riblett riblettmj at mymail.vcu.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:20:19 CET 2015

Hello Elastix Users,

I’ve been working on using Elastix for CBCT motion compensation and ran into an issue downsampling the transform DVF image before applying it during image reconstruction.

Currently, I’m getting a ‘deformationField.mhd’ out that is approximately 4.2Gb in size, and when I try to apply it during reconstruction with RTKFDK, its causing a yet unknown issue that prompts the application to stall.  Just to make sure the file size is not responsible for the issue, I attempted to write a script that downsamples the DVF to a more manageable size, however, I’m not convinced that the script is handling this in an appropriate (or correct) way.

I was wondering if a method exists— I haven’t been able to find one in the documentation — to have transformix downsample the DVF during its production.

Just to be clear, I’m calling transformix with 'transformix -def all -out <directory> -tp TransformParameters.0.txt’ to get the full resolution DVF.

Thanks!

— Matt

__
Matthew J. Riblett
Virginia Commonwealth University
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical Physics Graduate Program

Office:  Sanger Hall, Room B1-013
401 College Street   |  P.O. Box 980058
Richmond, Virginia 23298

VCU Email:		    riblettmj at vcu.edu <mailto:riblettmj at vcu.edu>
MCV Office Phone:	    +1.804.628.4858
Mobile Phone:  	    +1.804.245.0578
Home Phone:              +1.202.802.9630