[Elastix] elastix compile time on 64 bit Linux

Matthew J. Riblett riblettmj at mymail.vcu.edu
Mon Feb 23 16:45:10 CET 2015

Alex,

That is really strange — elastix should be the shorter of the two.  What versions of Fedora, GCC, and elastix are you using?  Also, what type of machine are you compiling on: processor type, number of cores, RAM, etc.?

In my experiences, I can compile a clean version of ITK in between 5-15 minutes and elastix with additional Cmake options selected in about 3-5 minutes even on a moderately old Intel 8-core (L5520, 2X) server with 12Gb of RAM.  If you are running on anything newer, you should see comparable results.  A compile time of 7 hours is way too long.

If I know what you’re running on, I might be able to give you some hints to help speed up builds and run times.

— Matt
__
Matthew J. Riblett
Virginia Commonwealth University