[Elastix] Optimal 3D Image types

Matthew Getzin matthew.getzin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:53:48 CET 2015

Hello,

I am interested in registering two sets of 3D images acquired on CT and MRI
machines. While there are plenty of potential questions, I will start with
a relatively basic one: what image type should I use? I currently have a
database of dicom images, but in my experience these are relatively hard to
work with.  Each volume can have anywhere from 800 to 2000 dicom files for
each slice.

If dicom is the best option, do I feed the program the entire folders of
dicoms or is there another way of working with the files and memory
allocation?

Best,

Matthew Getzin